So sometimes, you need to take a break from the struggle, and the pressure, and the stress, and treat yourself.
Self care is common, every-day things that take care of you.
- Drink water - we're never hydrated enough
- Go to bed early - we never get enough sleep
- Call a friend - isolating ourselves from people who care about us isn't usually good
- Read a book - this is a time commitment that so many are afraid to take on anymore
- Get outside - as you are physically able, find a way to reconnect with nature. Even if this means houseplants, breathe green
- Remove your senses - take five minutes to be in a dark, quiet, cool place as a sensory reset
You are worthy of your best.
What can you do FOR YOURSELF this week that is taking care of you? How will you take care of yourself, so that you are able to reset and face another day?
It's pointless to focus on writing if you're not focusing on the writer behind the work. Take care of yourselves, writers.